Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sania Mirza focused on recovery


BANGALORE: For Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza it's treatment after the triumph. Forced out of India's Fed Cup campaign in Perth with a torn abdominal muscle, the 22-year-old will focus on recovery and rehabilitation this week.

Sania, who along with Mahesh Bhupathi won the Australian Open mixed doubles crown in Melbourne on Sunday, returned home to a huge media reception.

"I have a program charted out for me. Also I've spoken and worked with Shyamal Vallabhjee (fitness trainer). There are a few things I need to do. First of all, I need to rest it for a couple of days. I also plan to go to Delhi to meet Jatin Chaudhari," she said.

Vallabhjee, who has been helping Sania with her fitness , said the Indian ace will be back at her best in a couple of weeks. "She's torn a muscle and she has been in some pain. We've chalked out a program for her and she should be on her way soon."

There was, however, little time for celebration for Sania, following her maiden Grand Slam triumph. "I've not had time for anything. After the final we had to rush to the airport and then our phones were going crazy," the Hyderabadi said. "When we reached Bombay, we had a small celebratory lunch at a friend's house."

Soruce: http://sports.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Sania_Mirza_focused_on_recovery/articleshow/4067227.cms

No comments: