Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Not Greg Chappell, 'others' behind my sacking: Ganguly


Kolkata: Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly feels that Greg Chappell could have been "poisoned" against him and believes the former Australian coach played a very limited role in his ouster from the national team in 2005.

"It is a possibility that others poisoned him against me. There were others in the board and the selection committee who influenced him. I don't think Greg's role in that episode was more than 15 per cent," said Ganguly, whose spat with the Aussie cricketing legend made international headlines for long in 2005.

The left-hander conceded that he was very dejected for one and half months. "I was very upset. When one finds that he is wronged, obviously he gets more angry."

Asked why he never spoke out on the episode all these years, the cricketer said, "My bat and ball did all the talking."

"Greg lost his job as coach, while I staged a comeback under Rahul Dravid and fulfilled a personal goal - playing 100 Tests."

Source: http://cricketnext.in.com/news/not-greg-chappell-others-behind-my-sacking-ganguly/37934-13.html

No comments: