Thursday, April 14, 2011

Movies help me unwind, says Tendulkar

MUMBAI: While the Mumbai Indians continue their winning streak in IPL 4, the team's captain, Sachin Tendulkar, took a short 'timeout' on Wednesday to sign up for movie membership service 'Club X', which gives its members the privilege of a 'first day, first show' of most Bollywood, regional and foreign releases that hit the Indian marquee.

It's been learnt that Sachin's new home in Bandra is currently being equipped with a 20-seater home theatre that will have the best acoustic system and a life size screen to make movie-watching a spectacular experience. "Movies help me relax," said the master blaster, while revealing that even during the World Cup he had managed to watch portions of a few light-hearted comedies that helped him unwind between the grueling practice sessions and gym workouts.

"I was watching movies because I didn't want to read or watch anything related to the game. I just wanted to keep my mind fresh, so I would switch between Discovery, National Geographic and movies. I also rely heavily on music to help me unwind," he added.

toi

No comments: