Friday, April 29, 2011

I am available for WI tour: Harbhajan

Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh said that he would be available for the forthcoming tour of the West Indies but wasn't aware of the plans of other senior players.

"I have no idea from where the news (of senior players opting out of West Indies tour) have poured in. As far as I am concerned, I am available for the tour," Harbhajan said.

"As far others are concerned neither have I spoken to anybody nor has anyone spoken to me. We will be playing three Tests there and I don't want to miss any of those," he said.

Talking about the winning streak of the Mumbai Indians, Harbhajan said that he was happy the way things were going.

"I am happy with the way things have gone till now. We have been through rough patches but one player or the other has been able to pull us through. Like in the last match Rohit Sharma and Andrew Symonds batted well to help us to a reasonable score, which we defended successfully," he said.

Asked about the good form of Rajasthan Royals captain Shane Warne, Harbhajan said: "He is a great cricketer and the greatest spinner. I would be talking to him to get tips so that I can prolong my international career."

Harbhajan also praised his MI teammate Ambati Rayudu, saying that the Hyderabadi is a "special talent".

"It would also be a challenge for players like Rayudu to face a great spinner (in Warne). Rayudu is a special talent and we always knew that. He was unfortunately lost in between but lately he has been performing well. He is capable of filling in the big shoes of great Indian batsmen like VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid," he added.
© PTI

No comments: