Friday, February 12, 2010

Marcel Siem leads Avantha Masters, Gangjee tied third

Marcel Siem leads Avantha Masters, Gangjee tied third

Gurgaon, Feb 11: Germany’s Marcel Siem took the opening honours at the at the 1.5 million euros (approximately $2.1 million) Avantha Masters golf with an eight-under-par 64 for a single shot lead over Chinese Taipei's Chan Yih-shin here on Thursday.
Rahil Gangjee was the best Indian in the field in tied third with a birdie-birdie finish that saw him card a 67 for the day alongwith six others.
The event is tri-sanctioned event by the Asian Tour, European Tour and Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI).
“I also feel I am getting my game back,” said Gangjee. “The plan is to play one shot a time and to stay in the present. I don't want to get ahead of myself. Last week (in Asian Tour International) I was rusty. I actually planned to start with an Indian Tour event in Dhaka, but I fell ill and began last week in Bangkok. Now I am feeling fine and the rust is going."
The 29-year-old German looking for his second career win on the European Tour gave the 16-year-old Indian ladies No. 1 Vani Kapoor the credit for his flawless eight-under 64 to take the lead at the end of the first round.

No comments: