Thursday, October 9, 2008

I didn't like the way I was dropped - Ganguly

day after announcing his retirement from international cricket, Sourav Ganguly has spilled the beans on his reasons for retiring."I didn't like the way I was dropped from Irani Trophy and that is when I decided to quit. To be honest, I felt I'd two outstanding years except the Sri Lanka series. It took me around 2 weeks to come to this decision," he said.Ganguly also said his family has been supportive of his decision. "I didn't want to create a big fuss over this. I know my family will be disappointed but I had to do this sooner or later," he said.When asked why he was subject to the most scrutiny of all the senior players, he responded, "Probably people didn't like my face." He dismissed any rumours about him intending to carry on for two more years. "I've not said anywhere that I wanted to play for two years. It was picked from an interview a year ago after I played against Pakistan," Ganguly said. Ganguly also said that he wanted to keep the announcement low-key with the series as a priority. "I didn't want to make much of a fuss and that's why I announced it at the end of the press meet because the series is more important," Ganguly said.He recalled his favourite moment as his debut test. "That has to be my first Test at Lords," he told reporters.
Soruce: www.cricbuzz.com

No comments: