Tuesday, May 27, 2008

To play a virtual Pakistan team in the final is an exciting experience: Abdul Razzaq

I have been a professional cricketer for a long time and have played against my compatriots on number of occasions in the English county. But to play a virtual Pakistan team in the final was an exciting experience.

If you see the line-up of the Lahore Badshahs you will find that I have played alongside almost every individual who has represented Pakistan in the last decade. On the plus side that meant that I knew the opposition very well and that knowledge came handy in preparing our game plan for the first final. Even when I came into bowl the last over, I exactly knew what I had to do to restrict the batsmen and despite bowling three wide balls I was confident of pulling through.
But we are professionals and we have to give our best for the team we are playing for. And I am happy that I could deliver the same both with the bat and the ball.

This was the first time that the Badshahs have lost a game in the second edition of the Indian Cricket League and apart from the win in the first final it also gives a psychological upper hand over them going into the second final in Hyderabad on Sunday. Add to that the vociferous crowd support that we receive in this Andhra Pradesh capital and you will understand why all of us are now pretty confident of bagging the coveted title.

But we can't be overconfident since we know that the Badshahs are known to raise their game every time they are down in the dumps and have time and again proved that they have the big match temperament needed to succeed at this level.

No comments: