Thursday, May 22, 2008

Shah Rukh would not attend IPL matches

By Khabrein.info Correspondent,
Mumbai, May 23: Shah Rukh Khan has said that he would not attend the remaining matches of the IPL due to the bar set on him by ICC. The actor owns the Indian Premier League’s (IPL) Kolkata team. He was stopped from entering his team’s dressing room by ICC officials.

A dejected Shah Rukh who has paid more than 300 crore rupees for his team said, “The Indian Premier League (IPL) has its set of rules and regulations and I am a law-abiding person. But why pick on me? Other team owners are seen near their players. Is it because I am a celebrity and vulnerable?”.

His team that has failed to qualify for the semi finals despite having star players and initially being seen as the top contender for the tournament is also marred by rumours of rift between captain and owner of the team.

But Shah Rukh Khan seems to be more concerned over the behaviour of ICC and BCCI officials. “I have paid my players to win. Will I pay them now to lose? This is illogical”, said Shah Rukh Khan.

Shah Rukh Khan was banned from visiting the players’ dressing room and dug out. The BCCI had asked the actor not to violate ICC code of conduct.
The move comes after the ICC asked the BCCI to question Shah Rukh Khan for his on field conduct.

Shah Rukh Khan has been putting in extra efforts to prop up his team and also encourage the players. It has been observed that his team Kolkata Knight Riders lost all the matches when the actor was not present during the match.

SRK while commenting on the BCCI move said, “I like to hang around with the boys. I am very energetic. I am very disappointed that the ICC has stopped me. I don’t know the rules. I’ll tell only one thing. Nobody dare stop me from coming to Calcutta. I’ll be here whenever my team plays a match at the Eden”.

The Bollywood star says that he was not happy with the performance of his team. “But this is a game and if there is a winner then there has to be a loser too,” SRK said.

No comments: